Congratulations on the birth of your child!
Below is the parish policy for the sacrament of Baptism. The dates included are for the meeting, the welcome ceremony and the completion of the Rite of Baptism.
We in Sruleen Parish want to help you make your child’s Baptism an occasion of great joy. In order to make this possible, we need your full co-operation with our arrangements for the Sacrament of Baptism. Before you proceed with a request for the Baptism of your child, please reflect on the following question:
Does your Faith make you ready to take on the responsibility and constant care to bring your child up in the practice of the Faith?
Baptism is the sacrament of welcome and not a once off event. It’s more a matter of stages. So, there are four stages in our arrangements for Baptism:
- is the Booking of the Baptism
- is the Preparation Meeting
- is the Welcome Ceremony
- is the Completion of the Rite of Baptism
Please take note of the following points:
- Early contact with the Parish after the arrival of the new baby is important in order to make the Booking for the Baptism.
- Please contact the Parish (01-4570032) to check if the date you are looking for is available and arrange to fill out the necessary forms.
- The Parish arrangements for Baptism are that there is a Preparation Meeting on a given evening for the month.
- This is followed by the Welcome Ceremony at a given weekend Mass in the parish. This is the first part of the Rite of Baptism.
- The Completion of the Rite of Baptism takes place on a Sunday after the 12noon Mass.
- Parents and Godparents are expected to be present at the Preparation Meeting, Welcome Ceremony, as well as the Completion of the Rite of Baptism. Each is an essential part of Baptism.
Parents may not present their child on the Sunday if they have not previously attended the Meeting and Welcome Ceremony.D
**For any adult seeking Baptism, please read our RCIA section of the website or contact the parish priest**